Mobile wallets are convenient, but how safe are they?
An expert says adding a debit or credit card to your mobile wallet actually adds a layer of protection.LEARN MORE
Google found multiple security flaws in Samsung Galaxy and other smartphones that could allow hackers access into the devices.
Google’s Project Zero team discovered multiple security flaws with Samsung Galaxy smartphones that could allow hackers to target devices easily.
All a hacker would need is the victim’s phone number, which can be used to compromise the phone without the user knowing anything is wrong.
“Tests conducted by Project Zero confirm that those four vulnerabilities allow an attacker to remotely compromise a phone at the baseband level with no user interaction and require only that the attacker know the victim's phone number. With limited additional research and development, we believe that skilled attackers would be able to quickly create an operational exploit to compromise affected devices silently and remotely,” Google said.
The devices affected are:
- Samsung Galaxy phones, including those in the S22, M33, M13, M12, A71, A53, A33, A21, A13, A12 and A04 series
- Vivo phones, including those in the S16, S15, S6, X70, X60 and X30 series
- Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7 and 7 Pro
- Any wearables that use the Exynos W920 chipset
- Any vehicles that use the Exynos Auto T5123 chipset
Samsung is aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix. However, until a solution is found, Google says users can protect themselves by turning off Wi-Fi calling in their device settings.
How to turn off Wi-Fi calling:
- Navigate to and open settings
- Tap connections
- Tap Wi-Fi calling
- Tap the switch to turn the feature off
- On some phones, you can also disable Wi-Fi calling from the quick settings panel
- Swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap the Wi-Fi calling icon to turn it off
To read Google’s full report, click here.
This article was originally written by Scripps News Indianapolis.
Millions of people a year are impacted by data breaches. Here is what you should do the next time you receive a letter that you were affected.LEARN MORE
Some users say their phones have become too hot to even touch. Experts weigh in on the matter.
The shortcut will automatically text your selected contacts a customized birthday message on their special day.
There is nothing like the thrill of a shiny new phone. But with prices high, how long can you hold off and keep your old phone?
The award was given to Katalin Karikó and Drew Weissman, who performed their prizewinning research together at the University of Pennsylvania.
In choosing Butler, California Gov. Gavin Newsom fulfilled his pledge to appoint a Black woman if Feinstein’s seat should become open.
Last week, the Chiefs vs. Bears matchup, with her presence, drew 24.3 million viewers on Fox Sports.